How best to use video for self-promotion
What is YouTube? YouTube is a video sharing website on which users can upload and share videos
Do you have videos of talks or workshops that you have given? Do you put together video blogs or podcasts? There might be some more ways for you to use these files.
How can I use videos to promote my book or Journal?
- Add to YouTube. YouTube is now regularly used as a search engine tool, uploading your videos with a link to the book can help make the book even more discoverable.
- Add your video or audio to Amazon. Wiley are now able to submit videos for use on Amazon book product pages. On Amazon.com, Wiley have seen a positive correlation between book product pages that include a video and increased sales.
- Multipurpose. If you have a blog, website, facebook or twitter account; link to the video potential buyers can view this as added value.
- Don’t sell too hard. If your video is just selling the book and doesn’t give anything extra to the audience they will switch off.
- Use videos related to your book or article. Videos that work well, in terms of driving sales, are those where an author provides some tips or tricks on a subject. If you have an idea for a video which would promote your book on Amazon, please speak to your Wiley marketing team in the first instance.
If you have a video that you think could be used for this kind of promotion please let your marketing contact know.