Facebook – engage with your target audience
Facebook is a social networking site where users can add friends and send them messages, and update their personal profiles to notify friends about themselves.
Not just for fun; other functions include event and group pages. Additionally, users can join networks organized by city, workplace, school, and region. This makes it a great way to reach people with specific interests from across the globe.
Follow Wiley Facebook groups in your area – click here to see our accounts
How can I use Facebook to promote my book?
- Use your status. You can use your status to announce the publication of your book/ article to your friends
- Post videos. If you have any videos where you are talking about your book or topics covered in your book you can post these on your profile or on groups you are a member of.
- Post links. Send links to your friends, post them on your profile or add them to group pages. The links can provide more information about your book/journal article to people or about you (if you have your own webpage or blog) or could let people know where they can buy it and review it online.
- Join groups. Often people in the more technical groups will use other group members as a resource of information. By joining appropriate groups you can help answer questions related to your book and let people know which chapters are the best for them. These may be groups for people in your workplace, society or in a specific area related to your book.
- Events you are attending. Many conferences now have pages on Facebook, if you are giving a talk you can let people know and provide information about your book. You could also ask the organisers to include information in a notice to event participants on Facebook. The event pages are also a good place to post links, photos and videos from the conference after the event or of previous events if you have any.
If you would like more information please let you marketing contact know.